Sign in to follow this  
roots57

Best Hood Deflector??

Does anyone have any guidance for which hood deflector/bug shield is best?  The dealership offered one is the Lund aeroskin and I'm not sure what to make of the form fitting shield.  Does it just stick the the hood?  any help with this, including pics would be much appreciated.  I saw a traditional acrylic smoked deflector on a new Explorer Sport and I liked the  way it looked.  It had these little conical bumpers that you have to place behind it along the inside though. Does anyone know if this is available for the Edge also?

Thanks,

Scott

Weather Tech has both a Stone Guard and a Hood Protector.

They do not have EDGE specific photos on their website.

If you contact them, they may be able to send you photographs.

I am ordering the Hood Protector.

Once I install it, I will post photos.

It costs $59.99.

Any updates on the hood protector?

The Hood Protector is a plastic stick on shield. I took one look at it and said, "I am not sticking this on my hood." Its not worth it to return so I threw it in the recycle bin.

I went to my dealer and ordered the Ford hood deflector accessory. I brought my Edge to have it installed and again, it was a plastic deflector that stuck to the hood with double sided tape. I said no and we walked it back to the parts department and I returned it.

So now I am 2 for 2 and without a standard hood deflector. I think my next step is to have the hood coated with poly film instead.

Pete...