Robert

2019 Ford Edge ST adds a much-needed dose of edginess

2019 Ford Edge ST adds a much-needed dose of edginess

Ford is ready to talk a little more about the 2019 Edge ST, starting with how the muscled-up crossover will make best use of its extra power. We know there will be 335 horsepower and 380 pound-feet of torque coming from the 2.7-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder, meaning 20 hp and 30 lb-ft more than the 2018 Edge Sport AWD with the same engine. The Edge ST becomes the first application of Ford's eight-speed SelectShift automatic transmission, providing two more gears to put the power down through standard all-wheel drive.

Sensory satisfactions of hopping into Sport mode start with the instrument cluster — the space to the left of the speedometer switches from a plain, blue tachometer to a red-hued tacho with a gear indicator. An active noise system puts a more compelling note in the cabin, though we really wish such antics weren't necessary.

READ MORE HERE

" the 2.7-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder, "

The article says that the 2.7-liter EcoBoost is a four cylinder,..... it's a V6 I think?

335 HP just 20 over the Sport is meaningless. If Ford wants to be serious they need much more power. Needs to be closer to 400.

Those people that owned the earlier Sport, do you notice a difference in speed or power from the Sport to the ST?  I know the 2019 is supposed to be heavier, but the hp and torque are more.  

the ST design is a major improvement over the 2015-2018 models.  I liked my 2015, but the look of the 2019 is far better.