Robert

2019 Ford Edge ST Exhaust Mod

I've used MRT exhaust on my Mustang and they are top notch.  Just look at the welds on these, they are a master piece in themselves.  Slightly under $600.00 for these are not bad considering where they are coming from.  I plan on these being my prime upgrade once my ST arrives!  

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 10.55.43 PM.png

Did you see the ones that they custom made for the 1969 Boss 429?   EVERY Shelby that we did through Shelby American received a new exhaust system.  Ford has to strike a balance with their factory systems in terms of noise/drone, etc. 

How easy is to change out the exhaust?  I've been reading on Facebook that the ST's exhaust sound kinda wimpy.

Sawsall and careful measurements. This system is designed to be clamp on but I would recommend having a shop weld it on. 

I just got mine in today. Odered on Thursday last week. Will let you know how it sounds once I install them.

Got them installed in about an hour. Of course you always cringe when you have to cut an exhaust without owning a welder (I weld just fine but not that often).

So the only downside to this is that MRT did not put a nipple at the end of there hanger bar which would have helped with the alignment and fit.

Sound is now correct for this ecoBeast,  I have seen people turn their heads trying to figure out where the noise is coming from when I hit the gas. 

Friend agreed that this should have been part of the factory build. Sounds good at idle and no internal drone when cruising.

Made one final adjustment today after driving it for 150 miles (could have done it at 30 miles but wanted the rain to stop)

Worth the 599.

Do you have an exterior video clip of the  sound I really want to hear drive by and acceleration!! I really want one for mine and just want to hear before buying!! 

I'll some sound clips for you.

When I took it in for the PTU cooler replacement the mechanic said that is the way they should sound.

Ok awesome let me know if you have part numbers as well for this I’m interested in doing it to mine as well 

Should have some sound clips today - been tied up with work.

Any luck with the sound clip? Just curious I’m almost at the point of buying a system for mine and I I get that I work for a performance shop it’s been crazy busy!! 

Since I don't do Facebook or other social media stuff the best I can upload is 10MB.

Which is close to nothing. But this is what the site will allow.

And yes your 2.7 also blows smoke. Ford replaced the heads on my 2017 Fusion Sport.

Thanks for the clip I was hoping it would be a bit more aggressive but thank you for the time and effort I’m waiting to see off borla is more aggressive