Sign in to follow this  
Eddie Edge

Edge ST Arrivals?

I haven't even placed my order yet.  I was hoping for the orange that they use on the GT350! The current colors really don't stand out for me enough.

Mine was ordered October 18th, Build was 12/10/18 and delivery was 12/27/18. Been enjoying it ever since. 

400A Package, Magnetic

Added: Cold weather package, Co-Pilot360 Assist+, Convenience package, Cold weather package, Panoramic vista roof

Mine is at the dealership. Delivery Feb 1st. Just traded in the 2016 Edge SEL for the 2019 ST. No orders, was already at dealer. White platinum, 401A package and 21" black rims. Only thing that was missing was the performance brakes package but I can do without.

13 hours ago, fingernip said:

Mine was ordered October 18th, Build was 12/10/18 and delivery was 12/27/18. Been enjoying it ever since. 

400A Package, Magnetic

Added: Cold weather package, Co-Pilot360 Assist+, Convenience package, Cold weather package, Panoramic vista roof

Short order to delivery time!

4 hours ago, STnad said:

Mine is at the dealership. Delivery Feb 1st. Just traded in the 2016 Edge SEL for the 2019 ST. No orders, was already at dealer. White platinum, 401A package and 21" black rims. Only thing that was missing was the performance brakes package but I can do without.

Was it from dealer stock?

I had originally ordered a Titanium on July 15.  But when at the dealer on Dec. 10 checking on it I spotted a Performance Blue, 401A, with performance brakes on their lot and canceled the Titanium and bought the ST.  It also helped that they had a $7686. discount from MSRP listed on it.

I was originally looking to trade in my 2016 SEL for a 2018 Sport they had in stock but ended up getting a sweet deal on the ST I could not pass. almost $10.000 CAD less the MSRP. Ended up being cheaper then the 2018 sport. It helps when it's my 5th Ford I buy from the same dealership and I always service there :)

Traded in

- 2008 Escape XLT V6 

- 2013 Edge SEL Kodiak brown (Leather, Nav, Canadian touring)

- 2016 Edge SEL (Packages: 201A - Canadian Touring, Technology, Cold Weather, Utility, Leather)

Current

- 2018 Escape Titanium (Platinum White, Tow package, Moon roof, Nav...)

- 2019 ST (401A, Cold weather,  21'", White Platinum) - Feb 1st 

12 hours ago, gthims said:

I had originally ordered a Titanium on July 15.  But when at the dealer on Dec. 10 checking on it I spotted a Performance Blue, 401A, with performance brakes on their lot and canceled the Titanium and bought the ST.  It also helped that they had a $7686. discount from MSRP listed on it.

5 hours ago, STnad said:

I was originally looking to trade in my 2016 SEL for a 2018 Sport they had in stock but ended up getting a sweet deal on the ST I could not pass. almost $10.000 CAD less the MSRP. Ended up being cheaper then the 2018 sport. It helps when it's my 5th Ford I buy from the same dealership and I always service there :)

Traded in

- 2008 Escape XLT V6 

- 2013 Edge SEL Kodiak brown (Leather, Nav, Canadian touring)

- 2016 Edge SEL (Packages: 201A - Canadian Touring, Technology, Cold Weather, Utility, Leather)

Current

- 2018 Escape Titanium (Platinum White, Tow package, Moon roof, Nav...)

- 2019 ST (401A, Cold weather,  21'", White Platinum) - Feb 1st 

Those are some absolute killer deals!  That's a lot of savings on a product that just came out.

It's also good to see that Ford dealers (certain ones) are treating repeat customers right.  That's not always the case that I experienced on some of the Mustangs.

Our dealer (AutoNation) was great.  They called as soon as the vehicle hit the lot and when I said we were interested they locked it down so no one would sit in it much less drive it then let us take it for 2 days to make sure we liked it.  Just wish they were closer for service.  If you can get a deal on one (ours was easy, it's Z plan) it's a heck of vehicle for the money.  A HUGE improvement over our 2011 Edge Sport IMO.

My dealer sucked. My salesman was great but at final signing they lied to me saying i was not approved for ford financing or BoA financing and stuck me with a local bank they likely have a deal with. Higher interest rate and crappy online banking with fees to make online payments. I found out they lied when I requested my credit report with rejection for the banks. I ended up refinancing through BoA  just 3 days after buying the car for about half the interest rate but still missed out out on new car financing rates. Still waiting for the title to transfer it to the new bank.... Its my fault also for letting my guard down and trusting them with someone thing so critical. Should have handled that all myself and will definitely always do it myself going forward. 

Edited by fingernip

21 hours ago, fingernip said:

My dealer sucked. My salesman was great but at final signing they lied to me saying i was not approved for ford financing or BoA financing and stuck me with a local bank they likely have a deal with. Higher interest rate and crappy online banking with fees to make online payments. I found out they lied when I requested my credit report with rejection for the banks. I ended up refinancing through BoA  just 3 days after buying the car for about half the interest rate but still missed out out on new car financing rates. Still waiting for the title to transfer it to the new bank.... Its my fault also for letting my guard down and trusting them with someone thing so critical. Should have handled that all myself and will definitely always do it myself going forward. 

They always try to screw you in the finance office. Sorry to hear that, that it happened to you.  Glad to hear that it all worked out in the end.  

There is another way to beat the finance office.  Take care of your vehicle and drive it for a couple extra years after that final payment.  Then make car payments to your own bank account.  After a few vehicles and when it comes time you can just write a check for that new vehicle.  I did that with my last two, my wife's 2016 Lincoln MKZ and now my Edge ST.  I also still have my very dependable 2008 Escape Limited with over a quarter million miles on it for a beater partly because it was only worth five hundred as a trade in but I know it to be a very dependable vehicle.  Its also comforting to know you have a little something stashed away in case you have a real emergency.  Or you can just keep financing and making those bankers richer.

Edited by gthims

23 hours ago, gthims said:

There is another way to beat the finance office.  Take care of your vehicle and drive it for a couple extra years after that final payment.  Then make car payments to your own bank account.  After a few vehicles and when it comes time you can just write a check for that new vehicle.  I did that with my last two, my wife's 2016 Lincoln MKZ and now my Edge ST.  I also still have my very dependable 2008 Escape Limited with over a quarter million miles on it for a beater partly because it was only worth five hundred as a trade in but I know it to be a very dependable vehicle.  Its also comforting to know you have a little something stashed away in case you have a real emergency.  Or you can just keep financing and making those bankers richer.

I actually did that with 2011 Sport. After the final payment i continued to make payments for a year to my account. I was able to put nearly half down on my ST between that and 14K trade in for my 2011. I could have sold it privately for a bit more but would have lost the tax savings. 

Sucks some of you had bad experiences with auto purchases.  I've been buying Ford through Ford for some time now.  I apply through my Ford account and get a preapproval certificate sent to the dealership of what vehicle I want, no back-n-forth, no sales BS..  like VW, sign and drive..

Ordered ours in November took delivery Feb 9th. 

Got mine in Oct... 1st one on the lot. Didn't order. Now there are 100 of them in my area (25mi radius).