STnad

What tires did you get with your ST?

Wondering what tires you got with your ST and waht's your first impressions? My 21" wheels came with Continental Cross Contact LX Sport.

20190201_161621.jpg

Mine has the performance brake package so it came with the Pirelli P Zeros.  They seem to be very sure footed with plenty of grip but only have a 220 treadwear rating. 

I expect the P Zeros to have a very short wear life and may try a set of Continentals next on the ST.  Ill keep watching the posts to see what others are doing.

My 2008 Escape has the Continental Crosscontact LX 20 with a 740 treadwear rating with much better grip then the previous tires.  The previous tires on the Escape were Michelins, they had a much harsher ride with very poor grip once they were half worn out.  I ended up changing them early. 

Put on the winters on today. They don't do her justice. Gonna have to find her a new set of wheels for next winters.  These are the 18" rims for the G2 SE that dealership were selling as winter safety package back in 2016 when i got my Silver SEL that I traded in.

20190203_115238.jpg

Edited by STnad

23 hours ago, STnad said:

Put on the winters on today. They don't do her justice. Gonna have to find her a new set of wheels for next winters.  These are the 18" rims for the G2 SE that dealership were selling as winter safety package back in 2016 when i got my Silver SEL that I traded in.

20190203_115238.jpg

You're right - the wheels don't seem to match the awesomeness of the ST

I got just the stock 20's and they came with Hankook ventus s1 noble2 tires.  Supposedly an UHP All Season.  They actually are pretty impressive on a dry road, not the greatest in the snow but they handled the 3 foot storm we got last week just fine.  I do not think they will last my 3 year lease and only expect to get 15-20K miles out of them.  I am not very easy on tires and like to drive it like I am running from the cops.  My Focus ST was in need of new summer tires when I traded it at 20K miles and it had winters on it half the time.  That had the Goodyear F1 UHP Summer tires on it.  They probably had maybe 12K miles on them and were at the wear bars, I had to baby it to the dealership since it was at the end of December and we had snow on the ground. 

My edge st came with the Continental tires as well and I love them I live in canada and I never changed the tires when I bought it in January and I am just so impressed with them!!! The handle well they have great wet, snow and ice traction for being a tire like they are!! Very impressed!!! Glad Ford decided to put them on there!!

My too came with the Continental tires as I too live in Canada just 20 mins where they were built in Oakville  Ontario. 

20190529_193101.jpg

Strange that Ford uses two different tires for the same package.  Mine came with the P Zero’s  and they stick very well for such a heavy car.  Work just fine in the rain too.  I try to stay away from cold places that have snow and ice anyway.

8 minutes ago, KenST said:

Strange that Ford uses two different tires for the same package.  Mine came with the P Zero’s  and they stick very well for such a heavy car.  Work just fine in the rain too.  I try to stay away from cold places that have snow and ice anyway.

You'll get the Pirellis with the performance brake package

Performance Brakes and Pirelli P Zero here in NY. The ST was delivered to a dealer in PA and picked up by my dealer for my delivery. I don't see getting more than 20k on these tires. I'll be changing to All Weather Tires soon...

My 2019 ST has the 401A package with 21# wheels & Continental tires but I don't have the red calipers? I was told they don't come in red in Canada, only in the US? Did yours come with them, they are a lso ST calipers?? I too live in Canada just 20 mins from where they were built in Oakville,  Ontario.

20191026_135408.jpg

20210325_210927.jpg

35 minutes ago, QPR69 said:

My 2019 ST has the 401A package with 21# wheels & Continental tires but I don't have the red calipers? I was told they don't come in red in Canada, only in the US? Did yours come with them, they are a lso ST calipers?? I too live in Canada just 20 mins from where they were built in Oakville,  Ontario.

20191026_135408.jpg

20210325_210927.jpg

Whoa, whoa, whoa, explain yourself, how on earth did you get the projected ST lights? :) 

I had that on my Mustang GT, and cannot seem to get it on the EDGE. Even my Missus has it on her Explorer ST. 

3 minutes ago, QPR69 said:

They look great don't they?   https://strspuddle.co.uk/ 

Ah, yes, I saw this website a few months ago. If I was still home (London), I would order these. Being in the US now, I wish there was a branch here.

No issues with delivery and install then? 

Same here; originally from the UK. No issues at all & came really well packaged too.