Sign in to follow this  
dustys318

Modifying the ST

I think it's time we start showing some small modifying stuff, this ST site is pretty quiet.

A little backstory: I started my Ford change over from GM back in 2010 with the 2011 Mustang 5.0.  Got in too much trouble through following years in that thing so I sold it in 2014 and got a 2015 Fiesta ST (I buy early);  I modded this thing and ran some SCCA events.  I had a Deadhook Motorsports race intercooler with the race bar (bumper) to keep my Cyborg turbo boost heat in check.  At 300+whp with E50 using a Cobb tuner and +Tune (Adam) custom tune with Cyborg turbo (hybrid factory turbo) it was an awesome little track car (you can see the build on the Fiesta ST forum - same username). Being retired Army and Disabled Veteran the Recaro seats and H&W springs took a toll on my back, no more SCCA time-attack racing for me. I sold it and got a 2016 Edge Sport, good performance,  excellent ride. I started modifying the '16 Sport using the Livernois Mycalibrator with their 93/Hard and 100/Hard tunes, good stuff for sure but the small IC let ONE spirited run in and heatsoak killed the fun real quick. Sucks. I bought a couple used factory turbos off eBay getting ready to "Cyborg" them but my builder no longer does the work. Then I started to get some snap-crackle-pop out of the half-shafts and some trans software/shift issues so I traded my '16 Sport for my current '19 ST. I read up on someone having their Sport's turbos modified with bigger wheels with turbo blankets and other stuff making decent power, I'll be doing the same soon after I finish my '18 F150 FX4 build (Whipple, billet oil pump gears). It's all exciting modifying vehicles but lets start with the small stuff..  here's mine.. kept it from my Fiesta ST..  truck pictured too..

20190214_185544.jpg

LeadfootF150FX4.jpg

Edited by dustys318

Very nice truck. I have 2012 FX/2 

But back to the Edge - I'm tossing the AFE Magnum FLOW Pro 5R Air Filter.

Had one in my Fusion sport and it made the car very happy.

Installed the MRT axle back exhaust. Great sound. This should have been on it from the factory.  Sounds good inside and out.

People can actually hear you coming but they don't know what who it is.

One hour to install and I have made four adjustments to position the pipe in the bumper hole.

I highly recommend these. No drone at any speed. You hear actual engine noise when you WOT.

Borla now has one but mine was already installed and was $600 compared to $1500.

Sign in to follow this