KenST

2019 Edge ST Cold Air Intake

Just picked up my new Edge ST with just about every option I could get.  With most of my other cars I have immediately added performance mods like Borla for the TransAm and Vette and K&M cold air for the Ram.  I would like to at least start with cold air for the ST but it looks like no one is building one yet, and the car is almost a year old.  Has anyone installed cold air on their 2019?

Looking for a solution there myself...

Here is a possible install. Looks to be pulling air from the front grill(?).

EdgeEngine.jpg.681b6169fdfaa533001b95e60c9ba59b.jpg

Someone needs to get an ST to Florida and have it 'scanned' to create a snorkel. www.velossatechdesign.com is looking for an Edge ST (I think they scanned a Sport already). Would be something like https://www.velossatechdesign.com/products/2013-2018-focus-st-ram-air-big-mouth-w-flare-intake-snorkel

We just came back from Florida.  We will have the ST in Florida later this year, but it it too darn hot there right now.  We spen most of the winter in Sarasota.

21 hours ago, KenST said:

We just came back from Florida.  We will have the ST in Florida later this year, but it it too darn hot there right now.  We spen most of the winter in Sarasota.

KenST while in Florida we might meet up somewhere as we spend January Feb March in Bradenton just a few minutes from Sarasota.Also visit Bradenton Dragway for a couple passes.............Ed

Hey everyone, first post here. Many of you already know us from the Fiesta ST and Focus ST/RS community. We are working diligently on the Edge ST BIG MOUTH ram air and are excited to become a vendor here :) 

You will love this solution!!!!

Best,

Dan

Looking forward to it.  Please keep us posted on your progress:

I just got in contact with Tyler Carrington on with aFe Power and they have a CAI ready to go, they just need someone in Southern California to help and provide a test vehicle.

Does anyone know where to purchase this ST engine cover or was it custom made? I've looked all over & can't find it. Looks great ! Thanks.  

Hello everyone, I am new here, but have been active on the Ford Edge Forum for a while now, and just discovered ST Nation. 

I have developed a Cold Air Intake System for the ST called the V3. The V3 snaps into place and replaces the OEM air box lid and filter. The bottom of the air box and snorkel remain OEM .

I have an extensive thread on the development of the V3 at the Edge Forum. It went through a couple different versions before it was perfected if you read the thread from the start you will understand what it took to get to this point. This link starts on page 18 where the V3 design was finalized.   https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/29686-v3-edge-st-sport-27eb-air-box/?page=18

Here is a short video about the V3. 

Edited by Extra

47 minutes ago, Extra said:

Hello everyone, I am new here, but have been active on the Ford Edge Forum for a while now, and just discovered ST Nation. 

I have developed a Cold Air Intake System for the ST called the V3. The V3 snaps into place and replaces the OEM air box lid and filter. The bottom of the air box and snorkel remain OEM .

I have an extensive thread on the development of the V3 at the Edge Forum. It went through a couple different versions before it was perfected if you read the thread from the start you will understand what it took to get to this point. This link starts on page 18 where the V3 design was finalized.   https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/29686-v3-edge-st-sport-27eb-air-box/?page=18

*** Sorry for the double post. Having a bit of a learning curve here. 

Here is a short video about the V3. 

Edited by Extra

Here are some photos of the filter. The filter was originally designed to increase performance for an engine making 450HP stock. It has more than enough flow to run 500HP +. 

The filter is available in Reusable Wet Washable Oiled, or Dry disposable configuration. They both look the same, and are the same color. The wet flows better the dry is better in dusty conditions. 

FOR-006-112_extra_01.jpg

7F2100_extra_05.jpg

7F2100_extra_02-1.jpg

The filter fills the Air Box . The little aluminum bit on the top left is the sensor fitting. 

GASKET.JPG

Edited by Extra

The V3 uses an Adaptor to connect the top half with the filter to the OEM bottom half. 

IMG_0219.JPG

The Adaptor clips into place with no tools. 

IMG_9950.JPG

Here you can see the Sensor Port and the Adaptor clipped to the lid. The Adaptor attaches to the top of the OEM bottom half , just like the stock lid does. It just clips in...The V3 is a tighter fit and uses up all available space. 

IMG_0392.JPG

Edited by Extra

The V3 costs around  $330 to produce, and there is very little mark up. Just enough to allow me to keep making them. My labor is basically free, as it is a hobby and a labor of love. My reward is seeing the V3 in members cars and hearing about how much they like them . Corny I know.... but true.  Without a doubt, if some other manufacture says that their CAI can make +24 HP & +23 Lbs. on the ST,  the V3 will not only match that, the V3 flows better, and will support much more HP than theirs. I will also put the quality of the V3 CAI system up against any other CAI for the Edge  I am very proud of what has been accomplished, and it would have not been possible without The Ford Edge Forum and it's members support. 

V2 & V3 INSTALLED.JPG

IMG_7165.JPG

V3 TOP- VIEW & SENSOR.jpg

IMG_8601 copy.JPG

These are what I call the Elbow Reducers. They are made of 6061 mandrel bent aluminum tubing. 

IMG_0381.JPG

The limitations of any Edge CAI is the snorkel. No matter what you do to the air intake, all the air must pass through the snorkel and that will be the limiting factor. If you are running a tune, or have modded your ST, then you might want more than what the snorkel can provide. And the V3 has that problem solved. There is an optional Auxiliary Air intake available for those looking to bypass the restrictions of the snorkel. 

The Aux Air is added to the lid and connected to a flex hose that draws in cool air. The flex hose can also be routed to a punch out in the front bumper that allows for.Ram Air. 

A hole is drilled in the lid and a hose fitting is riveted into place. 

IMG_0357.thumb.JPG.a1630b33ef1f8ce6212ed9bc1fa34b02.JPG

The flex hose and special clamp that holds air tight. Notice that the aluminum is polished now, and how tight the fit is. 

IMG_0365.thumb.JPG.513e713d56d724b1de9ee3c07bd893ad.JPG

The V3 with Aux Air installed. 

IMG_9278.thumb.JPG.106a95c9bf44548963ccfec02f03357f.JPG

V2 and V3 with Aux Air installed on my Sport. The V2 only fits Sports 2015 to 2018.  

The V3 fits all 2.7L Ecoboost Edge models as well as the 2.7L Lincoln Nautilus.    

IMG_9282.thumb.JPG.c7f3cbb1ae13cf63f8a50bf2abaa343a.JPG

If you are interested in the V3 you can PM me or ask me here and I will happy to answer your questions. I make them to order and I am not a brick and mortar. Just an Edge owner who could not buy a quality high performance CAI for my Edge and built one . The fact it also fits the ST is just a bonus. 

Thanks to the members here and forgive me for such a crazy first post. 

Edited by Extra