DaFruz

'19 ST Black Wheel lug nuts

Hello!  I just bought a 2019 Edge ST that have the Black 21" wheel Ford offers for $995.  In looking for black lug nuts to replace the chrome that came with, I found a set on amazon from McGard part 84527.  My only issue is that the OEM lugs are a much wider cone.  (Please see attached pics). I called McGard and they said this is the correct part.  Is anyone else using these?  Any Issues?  It just doesn't appear to me that there is as much surface area covering the wheel.  I do a lot of highway driving and don't want to see my wheels go flying off!  Any help would be appreciated!

IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0568.jpeg

IMG_0569.jpg

Thanks for the info!  I will check them out.

As long as you have the acorn type 14.5mm lugs and the same length as the stock lugs you are fine. The width does nothing for holding the wheel in place.

I am planning on replacing all my lugs with Black Gorilla Locking lugs.

They are available in sets of 20.

Just put some grease on the threads, thread the new lugs by hand and remember to torque them to 160 Ft Lbs.

Edited by MENINBLK

Somewhere in the forum the question was also asked about a single wheel (rim as I call it) and I have just ordered a single factory OEM for a total of $652.

Apparently Ford went overboard when they thought the ST would sell like crazy so they made a s**t load of wheels. Bad for them. Good for us.

https://www.detroitwheelandtire.com/

Part number on the site is HOL.10198-BBB-GLOSS-A

So, any issues with the McGard’s? I just ordered them myself.

1 hour ago, BillyG said:

So, any issues with the McGard’s? I just ordered them myself.

I actually returned the McGards. Just wasn’t comfortable with the lack of size. Instead I reached out to Gorilla and purchased  61147BCX Regular lugs

96641BDX locking lugs

These seem to work fine, I still have all four wheels! They are actually identical in size and shape to the factory lugs, just black. 

Good luck!