Sign in to follow this  
Robert

2015 Ford Edge Design thoughts

What do you think about the overall design concept for the 2015 Ford Edge?

I think it looks good, and hope the production model resembles the concept. I hope they gives us the sport model with the eco boost V6.

Right on - an Edge Sport with a V6 (2.3?) would be a great package.  

I'm still waiting on the return of the Ford Fusion Sport though!  The 2015 models will be on the way and the new body style (beginning in 2013) hasn't seen the return of the Fusion Sport yet.  I hope the same thing doesn't happen with the Ford Edge Sport.

Right on - an Edge Sport with a V6 (2.3?) would be a great package.  

I'm still waiting on the return of the Ford Fusion Sport though!  The 2015 models will be on the way and the new body style (beginning in 2013) hasn't seen the return of the Fusion Sport yet.  I hope the same thing doesn't happen with the Ford Edge Sport.

I hope they will put the new 2.7L ecoboost V6 from the new F-150 in the sports model.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/new-27l-ecoboost-v6-will-make-2015-ford-f150-most-efficient-truck-us

I hope they will put the new 2.7L ecoboost V6 from the new F-150 in the sports model.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/new-27l-ecoboost-v6-will-make-2015-ford-f150-most-efficient-truck-us

The 3.5L is too big, the only other twin-turbo is the 2.7L.  We do know that the 2.3L will end up in the Ford Mustang and the Lincoln MKC.  I wonder if the Edge will use the 2.3L as well?

The 3.5L is too big, the only other twin-turbo is the 2.7L.  We do know that the 2.3L will end up in the Ford Mustang and the Lincoln MKC.  I wonder if the Edge will use the 2.3L as well?

I think the base model edges will use the 2.3 4 cylinder ecoboost, but I would like to see the sport model with the 2.7 V6 ecoboost. The 2011-2014 Edge Sports did not use the same engine as the other model Edges. The sports models used a 3.7 V6.

I think the base model edges will use the 2.3 4 cylinder ecoboost, but I would like to see the sport model with the 2.7 V6 ecoboost. The 2011-2014 Edge Sports did not use the same engine as the other model Edges. The sports models used a 3.7 V6.

I like your idea, however, I am wondering if the 2.3L EcoBoost would be the Sport engine while the 2.0L EcoBoost would be for the non-Sport Edge?

I like your idea, however, I am wondering if the 2.3L EcoBoost would be the Sport engine while the 2.0L EcoBoost would be for the non-Sport Edge?

I hope not. The Sport should have something unique to set it self apart from the rest of the model range. 2.0L base model, 2.3L SEL and 2.7L Sport model.

What I found a little odd is that Ford stated that the 2.3L was unique to the Lincoln MKC, yet they are now putting it into the Mustang.  Maybe the 2.3L will be unique to the MKC CUV only? 

What I found a little odd is that Ford stated that the 2.3L was unique to the Lincoln MKC, yet they are now putting it into the Mustang. Maybe the 2.3L will be unique to the MKC CUV only?

Ford and Lincoln always share parts as they are the same company.

Ford and Lincoln always share parts as they are the same company.

They've been recently stating that while they'll share platforms, they really want to separate the two lines from looking the same: Edge vs. MKX, etc.

Also noted was that Lincoln needs some unique engines that they won't share with Ford.  Obviously they share the 3.5L (MKS vs. Taurus SHO) and we know that they'll share the 2.3L (MKC vs. Mustang).

All in all, I can't wait to see the Ford Edge's 2015 order guide! 

I got see the concept yesterday at the New York auto show and it looks very good in the flesh. I hope they keep the production model looks as close to the concept as possible. I also saw the 2015 Nissan Murano and it looked good to me, but my friend hated it. My lease is up on my 2013 Edge Sport next year and the 2015 Edge will be the replacement.